DXO: m4/3 vs. FF -- we have it good!

Started Sep 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
MEDISN
MEDISN Senior Member • Posts: 1,293
Re: No, they are not

Raist3d wrote:

Gnine wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

where I do see a problem is the last sentence where you mention bigger, heavier and priced For some models and a range of focal lengths, that’s not quite the case This is unfortunate but it’s the train both Olympus and Panasonic have chosen

They've only gone that route, because the small/light/cheaper -and better quality options as well, are already nicely covered.

No, they are not. They don't use the better sensor, don't have PDAF, have other compromises. That's the problem. Then on top of that at the tier of competitors they look dated.

Competitors at which price point?  No Fuji has weather sealing for less than $1000.  Fuji offers 2 cameras with IBIS...one for for $1000 and weighs 673g, the other for $10k lol.  Want a Sony with weather sealing?  Ha!  Want a Sony with IBIS?  $1000.  Want a Fuji that shoots 4K 30?  $700.

If all you want is new and shiny, then right at this minute, new and shiny means bigger.

It's not about new and shiny, but about being competitive with the current level of tech. For example, you could get a Fuji X-E3 and in a nice range of focals, you compete in size and weight rather well, and in price.

Can I get one with a Bayer sensor, tilt screen and IBIS?

But, and it's a big but, we have options. Lots and lots of options. Way more than any Canikon have to offer in mirrorless at the moment.

I am not looking at Canon nor Nikon, but competitors like Fuji and Sony. Lots of options indeed

Options?  Sure, but largely dependent on priorities.  Fuji can be small and light if you're willing to live with the compromises.  Unfortunately their zooms are large and overpriced and their fastest primes lack weather sealing and are handicapped by slow/loud focus.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow