Looking for a backpack that can carry large gear + school supplies

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JD28 New Member • Posts: 19
Looking for a backpack that can carry large gear + school supplies

Hi everyone!

I'm a college student who also works part time as a photographer for the local newspaper. Often, I have to roll straight out of a class into an assignment, which means I spend a lot of days walking around with a big shoulder bag on top of a regular backpack for my school stuff.

I'm looking for a backpack that can cover both needs, and hopefully mitigate a lot of the back/shoulder pain I'm feeling right now. I don't need a ton of room for school supplies (all my books are digital, so I mainly just need to carry a few notebooks, a 13" laptop, and some pencils), but I shoot a gripped D500, so I need to have space for that, my 70-200, + at least a couple additional primes, a speedlight, and a rain cover.

Right now, I'm looking at the LowePro Flipside 500 AW ii, the Think Tank Airport Commuter, and the LowePro ProTactic 450 AW ii. I'm looking to make an investment for the next several years, so I'm willing to spend $2-300 on something that meets my needs. The big things for me are: capacity (especially the ability to hold a gripped DSLR), protection, and comfort.

Can anyone with experience with these bags comment on them, or perhaps someone has a better idea in terms of where I should be looking?

Thank you very much!

JD

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow