One bright lens - which one?

Started Sep 6, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 7,564
One bright lens - which one?

Because I was between cameras and a holiday starts in 7 days time, I bought myself an EOS M100 twin lens kit - Camera + 15-45mm and 55-200mm just to have a way to take photographs.

It arrived yesterday and I've plugged myself into its rather different way of working - it's refreshing to have such a simple thing to drive after my Nikon Z6 - I loved that but, at 75 years old, the weight of it plus 300mm F/4 and TC-14EII was just too much. So it's gone to a good home while I work out what to buy next.

I also bought an autofocus EF lens adapter because I want one lens with a wide aperture for general low light use - people and their faces - so it seems something in the 50 to 85mm real focal length range is going to be the thing. I don't want to spend a lot, say £300 max.

For that I can get an excellent second hand 50mm F/1.8 with a good bit of change, a 50mm F/1.4 or an 85mm F1.8.

What would you buy?

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Canon EOS M100 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow