90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Messier Object Veteran Member • Posts: 8,409
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

TheBlackGrouse wrote:

quokka wrote:

robbert100 wrote:

The future will tell if the 90D isn’t as capable as the 7DmkII for wildlife...

I agree. It spread to me that the 90D is not as capable in some aspects, but more capable in others. I think that resolution and AF are better with the 90D, ticking off key boxes for me.

Compared to the 7DII... probably.

However, many 7DII users need an upgrade, are waiting for a better camera. The 7DII is good but has its flaws, especially when compared to competitors from other brands.

It makes sense for Canon to end some DSLR series because of the mirrorless revolution. It is not realistic to expect a 90D, 7DII, 5D5 and so on.

In that case 7D and 80D become the 90D. Possibly, the 5D and 5Ds series will transform into a full-frame sports camera with a high-density sensor.

The downside, a more expensive successor of the 7DII, the good thing is that you don't need an extra body for wide-angle (for instance landscape) photography.

The high density sensor would certainly allow post process cropping to APS-C size with ~30Mp, in-camera however the viewfinder will show the wide FF angle of view which won’t be good for those of us used to a 1.6x crop view.

So IMO Canon would need to implement a ‘Crop Mode’ whereby we can select a crop factor that will be applied to the viewfinder in live view and applied to the raw file as captured.

peter

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow