DXO: m4/3 vs. FF -- we have it good!

Started Sep 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,497
Re: What you are saying is...

Raist3d wrote:

All the new cameras keep the same image quality standard more or less in m43 - comparable to what happened 8+ years ago

let that sink in for a second

this means any competitor with a bigger sensor at similar price and weight would seem like a better proposition, right?

its a bit like an attempt to market current products comparing them to years old competitors tech not sure this is a winning proposal
But hey, some people think there’s not much difference vs current competitor tech, so have to give you credit for not doing that.

You look at it one way, but I look at it like this: M43 may have been wanting for IQ some years ago when it was first introduced (the IQ of my old GH2 was definitely less than what I've gotten will later cameras that I've had) but maybe it's gotten so good that even if larger formats have even better IQ that there's nothing really wanting for m43, at least in the eyes of many users. If m43 has evolved to a point where the average user feels that the high ISO capabilities are good enough to make images that are sharp enough to please them, the dynamic range is good and the overall IQ allows them to make enlargements that look very sharp at the sizes that they're likely to print them then there's less incentive to buy a bigger, heavier, more expensive larger format system... even if the IQ for that type of camera is objectively better...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow