Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

they want the Sony and the Canon back

Why? Those are still excellent cameras and millions of wonderful photos have been made with both and are still being made?

And it is amazing to me that the little m4/3 sensor is as good or better than those FF sensors from not long ago.

Yes, I know camera geeks always need a new fix to get high. But for most of us having smaller, lighter gear that has sensors that are as good or better than what FF cameras not so long ago had is a dream. I shot 35mm film for decades so I have been very happy with digital, even small sensor digital such as my 2002 5mp Minolta D7i, for many years.

i have no problems with old cameras, but comparing something from 2016 to something 8 years before on DXO.......is it progress? I mean if you needed that performance in 2008 then i suppose you'd be using one of those models

The comparison makes a lot of sense to me.

The comparison makes little sense if your goal is to compare currently available models.

However, if your goal is to identify models that can achieve a certain IQ, and that IQ was achieved in 2008 with those FF cameras, then knowing that current M4/3s models can meet that criteria is very useful.

it shows that sensors in m4'3rds have finally caught up with 2008?

How quickly do you expect M4/3 sensors to match sensors with 4x the area?

i have no idea, if you have it so good with a 2016 model....how was it in the 8 years it took to get there?

Do you ever get tired with the simplistic trolling?

excuse me? that's quite an accusation and i don't take it nicely. the point is in the thread title about having it so good, nice sensor and camera the MKII but if you needed that kind of sensor performance it was around 11 years ago

If you take it as an offence, then I suggest you look at your posting style. My comment isn't unreasonable. Where exactly did you think you were going with those questions? Perhaps you meant them in good faith, but the style is remarkably similar to a trolling style known as jaqing off.

I am not offended, i never said i was, i said i did it take it nicely....2 different things.

the rest is just nonsense and you're being obtuse, fine by me mate.

I thought you said you were withdrawing from this thread. That didn't last long. More the pity.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow