DXO: m4/3 vs. FF -- we have it good!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DHOC_TAZH
DHOC_TAZH Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: My thoughts...

Aaron801 wrote:

Of course if you're comparing cameras that are that old to ones that are current, the old ones aren't going to fare very well... '08 really is light years ago for digital camera tech so it's no surprise that the smaller formats of today do nearly as good as the larger ones from that time.

If you're comparing apples to apples though and comparing current small format cameras for current FF ones the FF ones are going to be better for a purely IQ standpoint all day long. Still, I feel like the tech has gotten so good that even if FF is better IQ, I can get as good IQ as I'm looking for with m43. Basically, I don't feel like I'm compromising much and I have small gear that's easier to port around, costs less and most importantly, I'm much more likely to bother to bring it with me to get the shots. Add that to the fact that m43 cameras, at least to my mind are really well designed. They're just nice pieces of equipment and a joy to use...

As much as I love my Sony and Pentax rigs... I may be looking to get something in the m43 area sometime in the future. I'll probably start with the Panasonic LUMIX LX-100, I or II.  
I already dig the form of my ZS100, so going there wouldn't be a huge stretch. I'd lose the extra reach of the ZS100, but I'm OK with that.

DHOC_TAZH's gear list:DHOC_TAZH's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K-x Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony a6300 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow