DXO: m4/3 vs. FF -- we have it good!

Started Sep 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
NCV
NCV Forum Pro • Posts: 11,059
Asking for trouble

This was a thread that was just looking for trouble.

Compare two old FF cameras against an up to date m43 camera, light the fuse and wait for the big reaction!

I would almost like to say that this thread was pure "trolling".

Let me be clear. I am heavily involved with M43 kit and I will not be giving it up.

But the advantages of M43 have nothing to do with image quality. The small size of the sensor is bound to lag behind larger sensors in IQ.

No, the big advantages are an IBIS that lets me get pictures that my D810 with VR cannot match in certain situations and the logistical advantage due to size and weight.

I can carry a powerful line up of lenses with bodies in a small camera bag. This leads to less fatigue on a long hike or on a hot summers day's sight seeing in some city.

Just as my FF gives me much better images in other situations such as architecture using a tripod an PC lenses.

Just enjoy your gear what ever it is.

Maybe, if you wish to win over converts from other formats, or just pat yourself and other m43 users on the back, it would be far more persuasive if you showed some amazing pictures.

These small "mentula" threads are pure face palm inducing.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow