DXO: m4/3 vs. FF -- we have it good!

Started Sep 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
Jeff Veteran Member • Posts: 6,257
Re: So much insecurity here

Henry Richardson wrote:

There is just so much misery and insecurity here. Why can't everyone here be happy that the little m4/3 sensor is as good or better than earlier FF sensors? But no, the miserable and insecure have their panties in a twist because it is not as good as currentFF sensors. Jeez, it is 1/4 the size, dude! The world is full of miserable, joyless people. Unfortunately, many have found this forum to hang out at and try to make everyone else miserable too. If you don't like m4/3 why are you here? That is a rhetorical question. We know the answer already. Miserable people live to try to make other people miserable too. Doesn't work with me though. I am happy with what m4/3 has and does.

Completely agreed.  It's a really a joy to go out and shoot.

And the thing is that, in recent years, I haven't had a printer, or a magazine or newspaper editor, ever quibble about resolution or other image quality issues.  What they care about is the shot, whether it makes sense editorially, and if the particular crop fits the page layout.

I even sneak a smartphone shot in there once and while, and no one blinks an eye.

This leads me to think that these discussions of sensor characteristics are about a decade out of date. What matters now is whether you have the kit needed to get the shot, and if your shots are better *photographs* than someone else's.

It's a great time to be a photographer.

Jeff's gear list:Jeff's gear list
Olympus 45mm F1.2 Pro Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow