90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
9VIII Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

IR1234 wrote:

RogerZoul wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

So specs don’t seem to show dual cards or dual DIGIC, so the 90D isnt any sort of 7D2/80D compromise. It’s just an updated 80D.

I’m a Canon fan, but I really think they made a mistake dumping the 7D range.

But at least Canon just saved me $1500 as I won’t be buying a 90D anytime soon.

Who said Canon dumped the 7D line? Can you show a link for such a statement?

You can't believe all of the rumors around. Save your money and wait for the 7D3 or for an announcement from Canon saying that it isn't coming. I would expect to spend a little more than $1500, though.

It’s been 5 years now. This should have been the point at which it was released, and....we got a reheated 80d instead, which was also way overdue. At this point, yeah, pretty disappointed Canon owner. Will they release a 7d3 next year? At this point, I doubt it.

The 2020 Tokyo olympics is one likely reason to delay a sports focused body by a year or so. Release in the spring and do a big marketing push in the summer, rather than releasing now and spending a lot of money advertising something a year old.

Until the Olympics have come and gone nothing is certain when it comes to release cycles with Japanese electronics makers.

9VIII's gear list:9VIII's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow