Help with Budget Macro for Dental photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Beginner55 New Member • Posts: 16
Help with Budget Macro for Dental photography

So I am new to macro photography, I have read lots of things from dentists about camera and lens and flash. But still there is some things that I just dont get yet. I have a Nikon D7100. For dental photography, I should have like 100 mm macro lens with 1:1 . I am still a student and I dont wont to go for very expensive equipment. I found that the Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR will give me about 127.5 mm of equivalent length due to the crop factor of the camera sensor. I read reviews and people say it is an excellent lens but I still see that its 27.5mm extra plus its very expensive. I thought about extension tubes for my 18-140mm but what I understand that I wont get an 1:1 magnification. I need help with more budget suggestions on lens that will give me around 100mm with a magnification close to 1:1

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow