At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark_A
OP Mark_A Forum Pro • Posts: 14,980
Re: I shoot...

Aaron801 wrote:

... a yearly music festival that I help organize. Between the fact that the musicians are so often looking down at their instruments (and not giving me great poses to shoot), are obscured by stuff like music stands and mics and that I really try to be discrete so as not to get in the audiences way means that this thing is pretty difficult to get decent shots with. Because of all of this I end up taking lots and lots of shots to get the best expressions and to get shots of performers that aren't obscured by people or stuff on stage. The show took place this year and I shot more images than I ever have before. I still don't think that I got enough really great shots, but I at least shooting lots improved my odds somewhat... though I really hate culling through that many shots.

Hi Aaron801, do you also have a quiet camera?

There is a pro photog who also shoots the fest and she's very good but is more willing to run around during a performance, which I kind of feel is distracting to the audience. I try to get the best shots that I can while still trying to be as invisible a presence as I can... which adds to the challenge.

Mark_A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow