After all this time? - Always

Started Apr 11, 2018 | User reviews thread
juanmaasecas
juanmaasecas Senior Member • Posts: 1,374
Re: After all this time? - Always

I bought it second handed a few days ago really really cheap.

The af is trash. I feel like going 10 years to the past.

The colors are just beautiful, much better than my a73, both in jpg and raw. The color depth of the camera, and the natural way it renders is cinematic and awesome.

The noise is the same as the a73. The same even at 10,000 iso in raw.

The dynamic range is worse at iso base compared to the a73, but the same at higher isos.

The level of detail, deactivating sharpening and noise reduction, is really close to the a73. The a73 has a lot of moire and false color, A LOT that I didn't realise until comparing results with other cameras. The detail in the Canon sensor is more honest, true to life. The Sony feels like the raw is sharpened beforehand, like haloing everywhere, enhanced edges, etc.

The a73 has more pop with light (because of the Dr you can edit amazing photos showing all the depth in shadows, for example), but the colors are flat. With the canon, the light is much flatter(less dynamic range) but the camera is just beautiful in tonal gradations, much better than the sony a73, Sony a7r2, or Sony a71 (the other full frame cameras I've owned).

The jpg out of the camera are really nice, no need to edit for day to day pictures.

juanmaasecas's gear list:juanmaasecas's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow