buy KP?

Started Aug 29, 2019 | Discussions thread
markgv Regular Member • Posts: 326
Re: buy KP?

flektogon wrote:

drummercam wrote:

For the good of all, I threatened a couple of months ago to buy a Pentax KP, believing that, as with washing a car, the rain would come and a new APS-C body would soon be released because I had bought the KP. I did not buy it, but I find that a brick-and-mortar store has one available today in stock. Should I buy this camera? Will the magnificent new APS-C flagship appeared tomorrow if I do? It's a horrible responsibility.

O.K., what is wrong with your K3? ... Because KP is not a significant improvement from K3.

I have the K-3, and it's an outstanding camera still. BUT... I did buy a KP, and I would say it is a significant improvement for me. I find that I don't really use dual card slots, and I never used the top screen. I do like the longer anticipated shutter life and longer battery life of the K-3, but for me, the KP is a definite improvement because:

• I like the lighter weight and slightly smaller size
  • I love the tiltable rear screen
  • I like the extra dial on top
  • It does much better in low light conditions.
 markgv's gear list:markgv's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T100 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow