**This week with your Z6/7, Aug 31-Sep 6 2019**

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Hasa
Hasa Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Panorama

copyfall wrote:

Shooting panorama using Panorama kit(I use RRS kit) involves several steps. There is high chances of forgetting one of the step. Re shooting the whole panorama once more is frustrating and inefficient. I have struggled with this problem for over a decade. This time (after 10+ years of shooting panorama) I did several drills and also noted down the steps on my phone. This time number of errors were almost zero and it gave more satisfaction than the actual pictures.

Marking beginning and end of pano sequence

When stitching panorama, one has to identify the pics belonging to a "complete + successful" sequence. This is most time consuming and frustrating step. It may take hours to figure out these sequences. My strategy to solve this is, take a picture of palm(front) before the 1st shot and picture of palm(back) after the last shot. I do this for sequences that I discontinue because of some error. This marking strategy made sequencing less time consuming.

2x5 Panorama (Nikon Z7 + Nikon 24-70 f4.0). Kemmannu Gundi, India

Stitched using PTGui

Single frame shot.

Your "single frame shot" is amazing!

-- hide signature --

Smile and the world smiles back!

Hasa's gear list:Hasa's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow