Travel Lens suggestions for A6400

Started Sep 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
yuzukiii Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Travel Lens suggestions for A6400

Hey OP!
You already have a great travel/all-general purposes lens which is the 18-135mm oss.
Depending of what kind of photos you're gonna shoot, I'd take one of the other focal length with me to compliment my 18-135mm.
1. Sigma 16mm f1.4
- The wide aperture has you covered for low light, and if you are worried about stabilization, just make sure you shutter speed is 1/24 second and above and you'll get a super sharp image.
- Good for landscape and environmental portrait!
2.  Sigma 30mm f1.4 
- 30mm would be 45mm FF equiv, and it's actually a lens that I enjoyed using for street photography. The 30mm is slightly wider than the 35mm hence your shots won't be that tight, gives you more room to work it.
- My most used everyday walk around lens for almost anything.

- Good low light situation too!

- Good alternative would be the one you mentioned, Sony 35mm f1.8. You won't go wrong with either lens.
With that said, I mostly shoot 99% stills photography, hence I don't notice about the AF motor noise nor worried about ibis.
If you are worried about ibis/oss, you can always shoot at the rule of thumb, shutter speed = 1/FL, that is what I do with my combo of a6400 + the sigma trio and still get sharp images! Of course, for long exposure, I would still require a tripod 

yuzukiii's gear list:yuzukiii's gear list
Sony a6400 Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow