Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ijustloveshooting
ijustloveshooting Veteran Member • Posts: 3,001
Re: Ultimate zoom: E 16-55 F2.8G

Nexographer wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

Nexographer wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

By pixelpeeping a lot of full size samples posted on the net, this zoom has even better corner sharpness than most of the primes...I'm totally shocked by the consistent sharpness at all frame, at all FL's...This lens is definitely better than GM zoom full frame one. Also colors are punch as hell...A terrific job done by sony.

Had that lens been available 5 years ago, I probably wouldn't have purchased anything FF. I'm quite curious how that lens on an A6600 performs compared to the A7iii / 24-105G combo. For the price, Sony should have included OSS though.

E1655 is clearly better.even the extreme corners are tack sharp, sharper than most of the primes.unbelievably superb lens they made.im looking for a landscape for my a7ii but this lens forces me to switch to apsc.

Do you have a link to those 16-55 samples (or even better, some comparing to the 24-105G)?

Here on dpreview, you can check A6600 samples, a lot of them shot with E165-55,,,you'll be amazed.

ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1 Sony a7 II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow