At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark_A
OP Mark_A Forum Pro • Posts: 14,944
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

IR1234 wrote:

Mark_A wrote:

I can understand processing images on a machine to have print ready images because although on a much much smaller scale I do that. But presumably you have to have all as web sized images and actually upload them to your web server daily also?

Have you found some automation for that step - getting the images from your pc to the web and ecommerce package all labelled up if they need that?

Mark_A

Everything we’ve done was written by us, both myself and my wife have a past life in IT. So everything from pulling from the card to publishing on the website has now been reduced to one operation and 4 questions that the system will prompt you for, and even those 4 questions today are defaulted answers. The 4 questions are essentially parameters, eg are we publishing 10 or 30 minute galleries on the website (zero gallery option will be added next month), multiple cards, whether a delay is required for processing (this is important if you have one card (camera or event) that needs priority over everything else, but still want to load up multiple jobs), and of course date.

Aha, cool, if you write it yourself you can have the functionality you want. I get that having done something slightly similar with db driven websites some years ago.

I don't know what a 30 minute gallery is though

Mark_A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow