Buy 16-55mm f/2.8 or primes lenses with X-H1?

Started Aug 30, 2019 | Questions thread
CaptainNoddy Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: Buy 16-55mm f/2.8 or primes lenses with X-H1?

Kenneth Almquist wrote:

I currently use a Nikon D7200, but with the price of the X-H1 dropping to $999 I've decided to try out a mirrorless system. My initial thought was to buy the 35mm f/2 lens, with the intention of buying the 50mm f/2 lens if I liked the camera. (I don't do much shooting at wide angles.) However, if I buy it with the camera, I can get the 16-55mm f/2.8 lens for $699 (rather than the regular price of $1199). Any thoughts on which way I should go?

The XF16-55 is a great lens and X-H1 is the best camera to accompany with this lens due to IBIS and the similarity in size.

And you can't be wrong if you get it at $699..... Even if you eventually don't like it and you can sell it second hand without loss at similar price range....

However, such combo is very very big in in terms of Fuji mirrorless camera which you cannot benefit from switching from DSLR. If you like primes such as the F2 primes, I suggest you should get an X-T3 or X-T30. The speed and portability may just surprise you

CaptainNoddy's gear list:CaptainNoddy's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow