At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,543
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Mark_A wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

Mark_A wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

Amateur cycling event 4 years ago, 22,000 images in 6 hours, although 18,000 was over 3 hours of that. Haven’t done that event in a couple of years due to weather, but expecting to do it again on Saturday. Something like 10,000 cyclists.

Hi IR1234, that is serious numbers.

What is your objective? Do you aim to sell a photo of each cyclist to them and if so do you process and put them all online or something, must be a big operation to do something like that.

That’s the objective. I wish we did. It will be a tiny percentage, but it pays the bills. Everything goes online and we publish about 10,000 per hour the moment an event or day finishes.

Yours is an impressive set up, I expect it took you a while to perfect your systems and workflow.

Compared to a photographer like me who shoots tiny amounts at a time and doesn't always even process them the same day it sounds very slick indeed.

Mark_A

Thank you.

It’s the culmination of refining a lot of the workflow over a few years; processing images and then getting them online. The biggest lesson we learned years ago was never to get behind as we work every day for the main company. So if you don't process Monday...well guess what...it’s still waiting for you on Tuesday. And on Wednesday you have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to process. So very quickly you learn to process there and then. Even though we do minimal amounts of post, you still have to get the job done.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow