At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,226
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Mark_A wrote:

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Depending on the skill level some may choose to take more. I've often heard, and believe, especially now that I'm more experienced, that over time, you take fewer shots overall, but more have a much higher keeper rate. However, I do know some pros that simply put their camera on Continous high and fire away and deal with it when culling (ie. cull the duplicates they don't need). In a way, to me, that sort of is a waste of clicks on the shutter, but to each his own I guess. If I'm working a scene that I'm really stoked about I might take some extra shots just to be sure, but I never do the spray and pray approach.

I do think with portraits I should perhaps take sets of images, perhaps 3 each because there are micro expressions that can make or break an image.

I know also from taking selfies (I have a new smartphone) that shooting a few of me I definitely have better and worse images in shots taken just fractions of a second one from another.

Mark_A

Absolutely agree, because I've had some instances where the posed shot I was going for, ended up not being "the shot" and what did was some shot where I may have said something stupid or funny (on purpose) to the model and she laughed and I captured that, but that's might be a little different than just taking shots as the model adjust their poses. When shooting models, I try to keep the camera ready as much as possible.

I would say this is especially true when shooting kids.

You take a shot and its great.

And then they bring out the biggest smile you've ever seen. LOL.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow