At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MayaTlab0
MayaTlab0 Senior Member • Posts: 2,817
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

When I used to shoot flamenco shows for an association. I'd trigger the camera with the beat as I learnt that I was getting better poses this way and that it helped to compensate for the shutter lag (a bit like a drummer initiates moving the stick before the beat so that it hits at the right time). It worked well with the dancing style which is quite unpredictable, unlike, let's say, a car moving on a race track. BTW learning flamenco rhythm is a major PITA.

This resulted in 3000 or so pictures for a 2h show or so, often longer actually. I believe one went north of 4000 actually, but that was an even longer event (4h ? I don't recall).

Well several years later I find the resulting pictures not quite far from being crap but hey, I was a beginner and they were good enough for the intended application.

These days I I try to avoid anything that requires me moving faster than watching paint dry, I've learnt that I absolutely hate being in a hurry when taking photos.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow