Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 2,852
Re: Ebay strategies?

vyoufinder wrote:

New Day Rising wrote:

I just sold three items on eBay.

The first, a camera body with some bits and pieces, I figured would net around $200. I listed it with Buy It Now of $235 and opening bid of $135. It ended up selling for $255, so I was pleased.

The next a lens that usually sells for $200 or just over; a couple have gone for $150. I started the bidding at $100. There was only one bid, so it sold for $100. I was not pleased and really wish I had decided to keep it at that price (I had been thinking of just keeping it anyway before listing it). I have been having evil thoughts about claiming I dropped it while packaging it and just refunding the money.

f.y.i. eBay is very aware of that idea, as are many buyers. I myself leave scathing feedbacks and also report sellers who decide not to ship due to my getting a better price than the seller had hoped. eBay does not care your reason why you did not fulfill the order and penalizes you appropriately no matter the reason. Is a few bucks worth being a liar and a cheat both?

No, it's not. They were evil thoughts, but I wouldn't actually do it. Honesty and integrity are much more important.

Finally, a few accessories that I figured would get somewhere between $50 and $100. I started bidding at $10, hoping for some jostling near the end. They sold for $23.50. Not pleased again, but that's what you get.

Perhaps not surprisingly the only one that hasn't been paid for yet is the camera that sold for a decent price.

-- hide signature --

Your focus is your reality

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro Nikon D50 Canon EOS 500D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow