First attempts using Tilt shift lens - Loving it!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Winmeister Regular Member • Posts: 287
Re: Adapted shift lenses with A7Rii = Very happy

Corelli wrote:

That is very intriguing. I didn't realize that was possible with other lenses using the MSC, particularly zooms. I looked at your thread. Very nice examples.

I'm going to keep the Samyang since I think I'll be able to make some use of the tilt function, but I will keep your setup in mind.

I still don't understand why Laowa doesn't make the MSC for Sony lenses. Does it have something to do with the spacing?

Thanks for posting that!

Cheers

Thanks. I have more examples here: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4384670

I was thinking that so many Nikon lenses wasted after switching to mostly Sony, but this setup has saved some very sharp Nikon fit wide angle lenses, which include Samyang 14mm as well. Tried with more standard zoom lenses but the shift setup is not  'spectacular' when compared to wide angles focal lengths. I have 28mm and 35mm PC lenses also but it's not that good in my tests.

Best of luck and enjoy. I had visited Pisa and Florence couple of month back and this setup was just perfect. Maybe with A7R iv and 61MPs will be fantastic...but kind of wasting AF technology and other goodness, just to use it manually!!

Winmeister's gear list:Winmeister's gear list
Sony RX100 III Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 +67 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow