Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP John KM/linhof Regular Member • Posts: 339
Re: Ebay strategies?

New Day Rising wrote:

I just sold three items on eBay.

The first, a camera body with some bits and pieces, I figured would net around $200. I listed it with Buy It Now of $235 and opening bid of $135. It ended up selling for $255, so I was pleased.

The next a lens that usually sells for $200 or just over; a couple have gone for $150. I started the bidding at $100. There was only one bid, so it sold for $100. I was not pleased and really wish I had decided to keep it at that price (I had been thinking of just keeping it anyway before listing it). I have been having evil thoughts about claiming I dropped it while packaging it and just refunding the money.

Finally, a few accessories that I figured would get somewhere between $50 and $100. I started bidding at $10, hoping for some jostling near the end. They sold for $23.50. Not pleased again, but that's what you get.

Perhaps not surprisingly the only one that hasn't been paid for yet is the camera that sold for a decent price.

I (the original poster) listed 31 items, some with multiple pieces, that ended last Sun/Mon. 5 didn't sell, all have paid except one (a Bronica outfit for $250).  The items were things I decided I can live without. I price most LF lenses at $100 and most sold above this. Total "gross" is about $2500. Two items went to Japan and one went to Norway, I lost money on shipping cost for all three! Also if you ship USPS from Florida to California it can be more expensive than expected.

I looked around for more "junk" to sell and will list it next Sunday if Dorian, the almost hurricane, lets me. Just got 20 gallons of gas for the generator, just in case.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

John KM/linhof's gear list:John KM/linhof's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow