At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Barry Twycross Senior Member • Posts: 1,442
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Motor sports events seems to be mine. I'll shoot 1-2000 a day over a 3 day weekend. Though the ballgame at the weekend might top that, I shot 750 frames in 2 hours. It was a short game, and I'd got the shots I wanted by the 7th innings, so I didn't bother so much with the last few innings, just shot some wider shots of any action that happened.

To answer questions you've asked about work flow, I shoot RAW+jpeg. I import the jpegs into photos and archive the RAWs and forget about them, unless I have a need to make a better version. Unusually, I did an initial cull to weed out the really bad ones, I was thinking I'd weed out the good ones from the 10 frames/sec bursts, but I decided I liked having the entire sequences. That yielded 750 frames.

After a first pass, I had 70 pretty good ones. I selected 17 of those to show to people. I only bothered tweeking the exposure on those 17. Most of that post processing is just pressing the auto-enhance button. If I wanted to do anything more with any of those 17 I'd go find the RAW and see what I could do.

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow