At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 31,723
February to April Migratory and Nesting Season

For me, it's when doing bird and wildlife photography in South Florida in the prime winter months, when we're experiencing the heaviest wintering population of bird species, are in prime nesting season for many large wading species, and into March and April when we are also experiencing the largest number of migrating species coming northbound from the Caribbean and South America, headed back north.

There are hundreds of birds in flight in every direction you turn - the skies are so busy with birds that it's a wonder they aren't running into each other, and at times you can be surrounded by birds flying within 3-5 feet of you, so lots and lots of burst shooting for BIF opportunities that can go on for hours.  And there are all kinds of great rare species and sightings sitting in trees and on the ground that you may not see again in a long while, so you want to capture as many of them as you can in case it ends up being the last time you see that species.

On my busiest birding days, I've exceeded 2,000 frames, starting from 11am and running until sunset at 5:30pm.

On a more typical general photography day, I might shoot 30-100 frames a day.  Maybe double that if traveling to new countries or places, where I might shoot 200 a day.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow