Website theme choice and design considerations advice please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PeterGuyton.com
PeterGuyton.com Senior Member • Posts: 2,330
Re: Website theme choice and design considerations advice please

There are a lot of options for sure and I agree with one of the other posts that Social Media is more important these days. I know one successful photographer in Florida who uses Social to point back to his website and visa versa.  He often blogs about "how to" topics which draw in a ton of hits.

That said, Social is limited in terms of photo size and resolution (e.g. Instagram resizes down to 1350px long side portrait orientation, 1024 or something like that for square) so a strong/large gallery website is, I think , still a great way for potential clients to get a better look.

Besides Format.com , I saw a beautiful site the other day created with https://www.goodgallery.com/  ... may be worth a look. But there are tons out there as you are finding out.

Anyway good luck. If you don't need a "shopping cart" type sales front end, then there's no need to pay for that only to go unused (e.g zenfolio, photoshelter) unless you just lover there templates.

PeterGuyton.com's gear list:PeterGuyton.com's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow