At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Franglais91 Contributing Member • Posts: 929
Chinese Wedding

Mark_A wrote:

I know some of you are just sprayers and prayers just teasing, but at what events did you shoot the most images.

Just trying to get an idea of what people feel is a lot because I expect we will have different feelings on this topic.

For me at everyday subjects I normally shoot between 30-90 and when reviewing them am happy if I get one proper special keeper.

On the higher side I went to a motor sports event and shot 400. At least 400 is all I have left, perhaps I shot more and deleted a load I can't remember. Anyhow 400 is my top so far.

What about you? where how many and why?

Mark_A

I am a humble amateur. I Don't take away trade from Professionals - but every year one of my friends asks me to shoot a wedding, usually their own. I do it on two conditions:

1. I Don't get paid

2. I get invited to the party. I love parties

One year it was a Chinese friend. What I didn't know was that there are lots of rituals, visits to both groups of parents to take tea, big feast in a top Chinese restaurant with all the family. It goes on over three days, day and night. And afterwards - the parents offer you a little packet of money that it is rude to refuse.

I think I did about 2000 images over the three days. This is not spray-and-pray. It's carefully recording an important event in the lives of people I care about.

I made my usual choice of the images that I thought were successful and supplied full-size JPG's to the couple. They were used in various albums combined with images from other photographers. There were also some variants produced by the bride (transformation into black-and-white then recoloured manually).

BTW my usual number of shots is as follows:

- one day touristing/travelling = 70-100 images

- Model shooting = 400 images

- normal wedding with ceremony and festivities = 800 images

- 2-hour show with 80 people on stage and I try to get one good shot of every one = 1200 images

-- hide signature --
 Franglais91's gear list:Franglais91's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow