OM-D E-M1 Mk II. Anyone glue on your eye cup?

Started Aug 26, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lotus Cat Forum Pro • Posts: 10,525
OM-D E-M1 Mk II. Anyone glue on your eye cup?

OK. There is always a reason a camera is for sale used. I discovered, despite its otherwise pristine condition, that the left-side tabs on my E-M1.2 body that hold the eye cup in place are gone, broken, missing in action. I recently lost my eye cup at some unknown place and time.

Luckily, I had the foresight to order the E-M1.2 accessory kit, which includes a replacement eye cup. Unluckily, the new eye cup won't stay in place because the tabs that hold it in place when I slide it on are broken off the body (WHY aren't important parts made of metal???). I got out the Gorilla Glue and glued the sucker in place. I know this makes it difficult to repair given that I've glued in place a piece that covers two screws. Oh well.

Have any of you done what I've done? It's too late for me to backtrack on this; I glued it in place over 3 hrs ago and the bond has cured. I figure, if nothing else, if I ever need to have a repair in that area of the camera, it will cost me more. On the other hand, gluing in place the eyecup may negate the need to consider this ever again.

I plan to purchase the OM-D E-M1 MkIII when it appears and put my Mk II up for sale or trade. Maybe my repair will keep me until then? I hope so.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA
Don’t trust anyone under 9100 feet

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow