At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark_A
OP Mark_A Forum Pro • Posts: 14,944
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Krav Maga wrote:

I tend to shoot a lot.

This last spring I did a Duane Ludwig Muay Thai seminar that had about 100 participants. I broke it up in to three sections; 1. Before the seminar began just wandering the crowd and taking photos of people meeting and greeting. 2. Action shots during the seminar itself. 3. Group photo at the end.

My goal was to get a few shots of each participant during the "action shot" step. When it was all done I ended up with about 1200 exposures over about 4 hours. I culled through, keeping only what I felt was the very best and ended up with about 800 shots.

Yesterday afternoon I did a model shoot; two wardrobe changes, a couple different locations (within one large location) and shot 221 exposures which can be typical. A lot of the shots were done towards the end when after I'd gotten that shots that are wanted or needed, I hit the model with a kind of surprise "unplanned" thing; a prop of some kind or something. Yesterday it was having her free-flow dance in a field of grass to her favorite music and snapping for a few minutes. Because of the movement several non-keepers, but a few keepers. For the whole shoot there's about 100 or so keepers; shots that we (both the model and I) absolutely love.

I am envious of you shooting proper models, I only shoot amateurs who often don't really want to have their photos taken which means I generally don't force myself on them.

When I have shot willing models for example at camera club evenings the questions are different, for example how to pose for best effect, how to change the lights etc .. but the experience is more interesting having willing models.

Mark_A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow