At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 10,283
Re: Rodeo

gary0319 wrote:

tony field wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

Bronc Riding, Bull dogging, Calf Roping, Team Roping, Bull Riding.

Over a 2 hour Rodeo, I’ll shoot 2500 images at 15 frames per second to get the exact moment that the rider’s hat hits the dirt (below).

Indeed an excellent shot.

Personally though I am not a rodeo shooter by any stretch (my preference is strongly for show jumping which is very much a different appreciation of the horse and rider) when I do have the opportunity to shoot a rodeo I shoot single frame and rely on timing to get the images that I want. I am not a fan of motor drive for sports.

Good catch..

I have a certain amount of admiration for those that can get a single capture at exactly the right moment in the action. But.... I often wonder how they can be certain that the image that might have been taken a split second, before or after, might not have been the better one. 15 or 20 frames per second kind of eliminates that uncertainty, at least for me.

This is probably largely true. However all of my cameras are dslrs and have a maximum frame rate of 10 frames per second. When I relied on motor drive I found that the motor drive would pick up the shot just before peak action or just after peak action. I found that my sense of timing was better than the camera when shooting show jumping, speed skating, motorcycles, and dance.

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow