BillyBobSenna Senior Member • Posts: 2,049
Re: Sling type camera strap?

Mark B. wrote:

BillyBobSenna wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

IainD wrote:

vwcrusher wrote:

Thanks for the posts, guys.

It seems like I have a couple of options that I will need to research.

In looking at the Slide Light video it seems that there are multiple options for how to carry. I just wonder if is to high on the torso, where it will bounce......

While the Retro almost seems to complex, according to the video.....

Any other comments or tips would be great.....

i used BlackRapid for years and they are comfortable but I heard of accidental dropping and started looking.

I've always "heard about" these accidental droppings, but there doesn't seem to be much to them. The provided carabiner is on a free swivel attachment, so it's not possible for it to loosen the lug from the camera or tripod foot. It's not difficult at all to tighten the lug. I've been using BR straps for many years and have never experienced a lug (or tripod plate with a D-ring) coming loose.

Mark

I have used the BR straps for years. I like them a lot.

I had a camera drop off a BR strap once in 7 years. I believe the cause was that I did not tighten the strap to the tripod threads on the bottom of the camera properly.

With most straps, it is clear-cut or binary if the camera is attached properly to the strap of not. With the BR, the security of the camera is dependent on how tightly the photographer screws on the strap to the camera.

I think BR has tethers for extra security but I have never used the,

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but it's really a case of user error. It's not difficult to tighten it hard enough; even if you can't grasp the lug, you can use the carabiner for leverage. It's not a fault of the design.

I agree my example was user error. I think the BR strap design will result in more cases of user error than a strap like Peak Design.

-- hide signature --

Bill - Beverly Hills, MI
Motorsports Photography
www.billgulkerphotography.com

BillyBobSenna's gear list:BillyBobSenna's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow