At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
richiebee
richiebee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,848
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Mark_A wrote:

Me too, it isn't that I lose interest but it just takes so long. I guess I haven't got the right workflow for lots of images and often when I process I am doing it for the web.

Yes, I think its easy to get bogged down when you have too many images to work with. It still happens to me from time to time, but much less than it used to.

It sounds as if you are quite expert with Lightroom and I understand what you mean about sets of images.

I don't think I'm an expert.  I have established a workflow, but I still have struggles - mostly with consistent white balance!

Great that you have managed to keep it as a hobby also, I think many people don't manage to do that.

I wonder if that might be more to do with photography not typically being a 9-5, than the job itself.  I'm salaried staff and while I do occasional out of hours stuff, most of it's during typical office hours. Equipment is provided, as is retirement and medical benefits. I don't have to do any selling, or networking to get business, or spend countless evenings editing to meet deadlines or deal with bridezillas. So its easy for me to separate work from pleasure. We all typically do something in our day job that we don't enjoy, and I'm no exception, but I love most of what I do, and it really helps to keep it alive as a hobby as well as a job. The pay somewhat reflects the normally low pressure of the job, but its the same as what I got as a technologist (exactly the same grade), and I'm much happier doing this - its certainly not terrible. I don't have a mortgage or any debts to speak of, my retirement savings is in decent shape, and I've never been motivated by huge sums of money.  Happiness is way more important to me.  I love the daily challenge of the uniqueness of every job I do, and am genuinely interested in the stories I hear from the people I photograph. My only slight concern is that it lasts another 13 years until I'm ready to retire.  That could be a challenge, though right now there's no shortage of work.

richiebee's gear list:richiebee's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow