Sling type camera strap?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 26,086
Re: Sling type camera strap?

hikerdoc wrote:

Actually, there is something to it if you have $5000 of camera gear lying on the ground. The older version carabiner lacked the additional lock it now features. The screw lock on the older version could loosen with the perpetual bouncing/swiveling inherent in the one point hookup. I would constantly check to make sure the lug attachment was tight, but on one hike missed the loosening of the carabiner lock, noticing only with my camera lying next to me. You may feel there is nothing to these anecdotes, but they are real. That was the last time I touched any BR product, never to be persuaded it is anything but a fatally flawed goofy concept. There are just way too many linkages on the thing. BR began offering the security straps a couple years back when failure stories were regular fare here, tells you something.

All you really need know about BR:

http://www.blackrapid.com/Camera-Safety-TetheR

That first version hasn't been available for many years.  It was long gone after I bought my first BR strap, which is probably going on 10 years now.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow