At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BillyBobSenna
BillyBobSenna Senior Member • Posts: 2,051
Re: At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Mark_A wrote:

BillyBobSenna wrote:

I shoot for a few different outlets. Photography is a weekend job/hobby.

So, you will probably know this Bill, I was at the Le Mans 24 hour with my camera some years ago and there was a pro shooter in the early morning light shooting at a corner with an assistant standing 10 yards to their left with a radio flash that they were panning with the cars, his camera would fire the flash. Seemed an odd technique, what do you think of that?

For most events, I need to provide specific photos within minutes of the end of an event (race start, winner on track, victory podium), the remainder of the shots are required late the same day. In all, I typically provide about 300 photos by the end of a race day. Off season and years later, I will select and process many of the other shots from a weekend.

So I am guessing you have a laptop with you at the circuit do you only download the key images - it must take a while, my card reader only loads at 16mbps

I perform 2-3 downloads per day. USB3 and XQD cards are very fast so downloading doesn't take very long. There is a media center at every major track to work.

It certainly sounds like you are organised Bill, have to be I suppose for your requirements.

I download, select, and crop photos in Photo Mechanic. Once photos are selected, I drag into Lightroom and use several of the Lightroom presets I have created to speed up the processing.

Second volume shooter in this thread who mentioned Photo Mechanic.

Did you ever shoot the US battle of the twins motorcycle racing?

Actually I have never heard of this series. I have shot MotoAmerica, MotoGP, flat track, and vintage.

Mark_A

-- hide signature --

Bill - Beverly Hills, MI
Motorsports Photography
www.billgulkerphotography.com

BillyBobSenna's gear list:BillyBobSenna's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow