VCL-HGD1758 or VCL-HG1758

Started Feb 6, 2003 | Discussions thread
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Senior Member • Posts: 5,013
Re: VCL-HGD1758 or VCL-HG1758 or VCL-DH1758?

Stephen McDonald wrote:

This group of telextenders was introduced to go with some of the H-series Sony cameras, about 14 or 15 years ago. Their sensor resolution was in the 4 to 7 MP range and so these add-on lenses would not likely produce a sharp enough image to benefit a 20-MP camera of recent years. I quit trying to use mine several years ago, for that reason.

I had heard that the DH version was a newer lens, but does it suffer from the same issues as the other two?  Maybe even worse because it's a smaller TC?

I got the Canon TC-DC58A which was made for an 8 MP camera (Pro 1), but it's only 1.5x, would none of these be as good or better than that TC?

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow