Tamron 35-150 f2.8-f4 vs canon 24-240f4-6.3

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JoWinter Forum Member • Posts: 95
Re: R + Lens Combo Comparison, Tamron 35-150mm and RF24-105mm

Noogy wrote:

Bhotoz wrote:

Thanks a lot! There is quite a big size difference between these lenses. We do know why (aperture, range, adapter). This is not an easy choise between these lenses. Cannot wait to see also side-by-side IQ comparison from landscapes.

When I handled RP in the shop, I also was thinking that the added grip would be needed, while using longer/heavier lenses. R is fine as it is.

The positive surprise here is that the Tamron doesn't feel heavier despite being bigger.

That is a surprise, given that the Tamron with the control ring adapter comes in at almost 900 grams compared to the Canon at 700 grams.

I guess it comes down to the focal range one uses more often. Is the 24-35 range more important or the 105-135 range? For a two-lens solution, would one rather carry an extra wideangle zoom or a telephoto zoom?

I must however say that the Tamron mounted on the R looks ugly. This is of course entirely subjective and will not affect the quality of the pictures ones takes with it. But it is ugly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow