At what events / occasions did you shoot the most images?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark_A
OP Mark_A Forum Pro • Posts: 14,944
Re: Sports Events . . .

TacticDesigns wrote:

Mark_A wrote:

That is a lot of images, what is your workflow in post?

It is actually pretty quick.

I shoot JPG in order to get more shots in the buffer, so I aim to have as close to SOOC images as possible. Not completely possible because I am shooting manual exposure and the flicker of the lights is picked up by the high shutter speed. And the uneven spread of lights on the apparatus / floor means there is going to be slight variation throughout a routine.

Aha, yes shooting jpeg removes some steps indeed.

While I am waiting for the next athlete(s) to compete, I preview the images on the back of my camera and "write-protect" the "keepers". That way my "keepers" are already selected before I get home.

At the end of the day, I back-up all the images, but only load the "keepers" (write-protected images) into Lightroom.

So is that the dos write protect that you are doing? I didn't even realise you could do that in camera.

While importing into Lightroom I have Lightroom rename the file so the date+time is put at the beginning of the filename. That way, down the line, if I need to know which competition a photo was taken at, I just need to look at the date. And if shooting with two or more cameras, it puts all the images from all the cameras in chronological order.

Aha yes good thing for multiple cameras I hadn't thought of that.

Mark_A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow