Grip for GX85/GX80 : Found it on eBay. Good value @ USD $30 shipped. Consider it.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmartel Regular Member • Posts: 491
Grip for GX85/GX80 : Found it on eBay. Good value @ USD $30 shipped. Consider it.

I wanted to put in a quick plug for a grip I bought a month ago for my GX85.

I like my GX85 a lot, but found myself lately wanting something a little more substantial when shooting (esp. for longer video shots) as well carrying for an extended walk and shoot.

Personally, I don't know how those of you using traditional neck straps can stand it. I can't. So 90% of the time I use an OP wrist strap for security and let it hang when I don't care to hold the grip for a bit. The remaining 10% I'll use a single shoulder sling. But when I'm carrying a backpack or a bag with additional lenses, this occasionally gets me "crossed up" and tangled. So the wrist strap is greatly preferred.

Anyway, after considering the OEM grip, I found and decided to buy this grip on eBay from a seller who I believe produces them through 3D printing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grip-For-Panasonic-Lumix-GX85-GX80/113684878686?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've used it for about a month. It has a really nice screw (no external tools or coin needed) to attach to the tripod hole in the camera bottom. Overall design/ergonomics I find to be very pleasing. I like the design of the index finger rest, and the ability to swap cards and batteries without having to remove the grip (I don't think the OEM grip lets you do this). Construction/build quality is solid, although I do note some very, slight flexibility near the index finger rest if you grip it really hard. Not disconcerting, but you can feel a little bit of give. Perhaps this is just to be expected given manufacturing tolerances and/or the design, rather than a fault or potential point of failure. Time will tell.

Anyway, the price is very compelling, IMO, at $30 USD which included overseas shipping (which was really, really fast).

So far, I'm really pleased and it feels like good value for the money.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.

Cheers, and happy shooting.

 mmartel's gear list:mmartel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow