600 IS III and 5D Mark IV image stabilization issues

Started Jul 21, 2019 | Discussions thread
hermit383
hermit383 Contributing Member • Posts: 728
Re: 600 IS III and 5D Mark IV image stabilization issues

kingofkngs wrote:

Thanks for the condolences for the tears shed over my $13,000 toy! 😂😂😂

Canon contacted me Thursday 8/15 and asked me not to send in my camera and lens because they were able to replicate the issues. They are investigating in Japan and hopefully will have solutions by the end of the week.

again, very sorry haha. If you get the time i'd be happy to hear anything else you experience with this. I'm a version II IS 600 user i might have mentioned. I love the lens so much, i got it new in 2017. However, something like this lens is such a cornerstone to my work that I want to have a backup. I'd be all over the version III but am waiting a little because of these issues. Also, waiting to see more image quality direct comparisons, because of the limited ones i've seen so far it seems the II has the edge. The weight difference, though i haven't experienced it real world, is a non issue for me since I am always using the 600 L II handheld regardless without problems. I'll even go do daily events with it for the entire day and into the night frequently with no tripod or bag for it. I'll just carry it by my side, or if I'm using a second body/lens, i'll use the lens strap and keep it on one shoulder.

hermit383's gear list:hermit383's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow