Bridge downloader will not preview Z6 nef files Windows 10

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bmoag Senior Member • Posts: 2,048
Bridge downloader will not preview Z6 nef files Windows 10

I use Mojave and Windows 10. In Mojave things work as they should: the Bridge downloader displays preview thumbnails of Z6 nef images on the XQD card and Bridge itself will preview those files if pointed to that XQD card.

In Windows 10 the Bridge downloader only shows an icon for NEF files. Bridge itself will preview the files if pointed at the XQD card. Once NEF files are downloaded to the computer storage drive Bridge also previews the NEF files and works as it should.

Bridge and the downloader behave the same whether reading nef files via an XQD card reader or directly attached to the camera. Works as expected in Mojave, does not work in Windows 10.

I installed the NEF codec, in an attempt to solve this, and Win 10 file explorer shows a preview of Z6 nef files as it should.

Updating preferences, completely uninstalling and reinstalling Bridge, nothing fixes the Bridge downloader. The Adobe raw converter is the latest and greatest. Adobe support has been everything I have come to expect after years of faithful tithing.

Obviously there are workarounds but I have been using the Bridge downloader since forever so a hard habit to break.

bmoag's gear list:bmoag's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Nikon Z6
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow