Sling type camera strap?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 6,063
Re: Sling type camera strap?

I use a Joby Ultrafit. $26 at B&H.

It attaches via the tripod screw hole with a swivel. Not only is this quite strong, but with the single point of attachment the camera can spin around without bind up, a problem I had with straps I abandoned that used the two little strap attachment points.

It allows you to cinch up tight against your chest then quickly lengthen for shots.

If you get their Ultraplate (or another Arca plate with a tripod screw hole) you can easily put the camera on a tripod or monopod without taking off the strap.

I use it on full frame with some quite big lenses as well as a M43 camera.

-- hide signature --

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
— Edgar Degas

 robgendreau's gear list:robgendreau's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Pentax FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow