continuous AF session observation

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
debo Senior Member • Posts: 2,123
continuous AF session observation

I was asked if I could photograph a special kids event for charity (at a very short notice) where the kids would walk down the ramp with another person. So there was a usual ramp and I had only the 55-200 and the 35/1.4 on me. I took a few shots with my 55-200 and then realized that for the walk I would need the "speed" of the f/1.4 (was sorely missing my 56/1.2).

Put my T30 on C-AF and started tracking the pairs of people walking down the ramp and realized that I camera was locking up - it could not continue to shoot in bursts at times. I had a new SD card, my T30 was as fast as one could get in Fuji land. Now I had set it to SOOC so I doubt it was the reduced buffers of the T30 vs T3. I got about 2000 frames and I picked 100 of them for online sharing. However the speed (or the lack thereof bothers me)

Who failed - the camera or the lens? Could it be the 35? Whats the fastest lens for such event photography?

debo's gear list:debo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Pentax Optio T30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow