What has been your favorite airshow body/lens combo ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ohaya
ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: What has been your favorite airshow body/lens combo ?

K-Dub wrote:

ohaya wrote:

K-Dub wrote:

I now use the Panny FZ2000, and previously the FZ200. I think both work well for airshows, but the FZ2000 is better even with less optical zoom. See my gallery for samples from the past year or so. I really like the FZ2000 with the built-in ND filters, particularly for propeller planes. I can use a slower shutter speed for prop blur, but use the ND filters to reduce the extra light from the slower shutter. With either camera, I've had good luck with autofocus. Any issues are usually from my panning technique, but not from the camera.

I can't give a recommendation for a body/lens combo, but a 100-400mm zoom lens would be good. A wide angle/shorter zoom lens for statics would be good, if you're interested in those.

Wow! Are ALL of the pics in your gallery with the FZ2000?

Jim

Hi Jim. Yes, all them are from my FZ2000. I started using it in October 2018. I have a bunch from my old FZ200, but they're not in my gallery.

Oh, I think that I have an old FZ200 too, somewhere (seriously :)!).

I've thought about taking it out on some outings (because of the f/2.8 and the long zoom), but I keep ending up taking something else nowadays (because of the small sensor and the 12Mpixel).

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-T30
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow