Post Processing, How Far is too Far?

Started 3 weeks ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Po Sen Tsui Regular Member • Posts: 182
Post Processing, How Far is too Far?

I understand people may have different views on photography, some want to create interesting images, some want to freeze a specific moment. The good thing about photography is, we all can do what we want with the amount of tools available nowadays.

That being said, I am still interested in how others view on this issue. A lot of us may know that Luminar 4 is coming out later this year, and the following Ads about the new AI Sky Replacement function keeps showing up in YouTube, which makes me wonder, is there a limit to post processing in photography?

The AI Sky Replacement Ads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45nuHfiTENk

Of coz, if you just want to create the ultimate stunning image, this tool seems very powerful. However, if your idea on photography is about freezing a moment, this may seems like "fake photo" to you. Replacing an entire subject in frame is way more than just tuning colors or saturation in the picture. It can even change the time and weather in the picture. So, my question is, what are you guys view on this kind of tools? Should there be a certain limit on photography post processing?

Po Sen Tsui's gear list:Po Sen Tsui's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Venus Laowa 7.5mm F2 MFT
POLL
This is such a good idea and I will use it.
11.8% 2  votes
Not against it, but I won't use it
82.4% 14  votes
This is blasphemy!
5.9% 1  vote
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow