Fuji XT2, 18-55 & one other lens to travel the world indefinately

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Woody928 New Member • Posts: 12
Fuji XT2, 18-55 & one other lens to travel the world indefinately

Hi All,

I've read as many reviews as I can possibly find to death and am really struggling to make a decision here. I've just ditched my Nikon DSLR and moved to Fuji XT2 for a lighter weight travel setup. I've recently quit my job and will be travelling the world for 18-24+ months.

I picked up a 18-55mm kit lens to go with the Fuji XT2 as it seems like a great flexible starting point without breaking the bank however I want to compliment the systems and am particularly thinking towards landscapes.

I will be travelling through Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Nepal, India, Malaysia, Indonesia before ending up in NZ with the possibility of onward travel.

My aim is to keep my gear as light as possible and therefore do not want multiple lens's to carry about. Weight is my no.1 consideration in this regard, and as much as I think a WR lens would be a good idea its not a dealbreaker.

With cost and weight in mind I am considering Fuji's 14mm 2.8 as a great option for a sharp, lightweight landscape wide angle to compliment the 18-55mm to walk around with in general. Do you think this would be a good two lens setup?

I also keep toying with having a 23mm F2 in my main bag for days in town for street photography considering is F2 and WR however no sure if I'm just making an excuse to myself when I already have the 18-55mm. Any thoughts?

In terms of the purpose for my shooting, it will be streets, portraits, museums, city/landscapes, low light situations, possibly have a go at Asto work. The list goes on.... I appreciate compromises have to be made however I'm trying to be pragmatic and be careful to not carry lots of heavy and expensive gear around.

Any input would be gratefully received?

Cheers

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
GKN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow