Canon 6D with New Lens or New Panasonic GH5 with Existing Lenses? Which should I buy?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Simon from Neath
Simon from Neath New Member • Posts: 13
Canon 6D with New Lens or New Panasonic GH5 with Existing Lenses? Which should I buy?

I have a Canon 6D and several lenses. My lenses are as follows:

1. Sigma 70-200mm non-OS

2. Canon 24-105mm f4.5-5.6

3. Canon 50mm f1.4

I have never really achieved very sharp results with the Sigma at any aperture, using auto or manual focus. I bought it used and it was the first lens I bought, so I don't really know if it is performing as it should. I am quite happy with the Canon 24-105mm lens. It seems to give good results. I haven't used the Canon 50mm that much but I think it's working fine.

I mainly use the camera for video. I am currently working on a documentary but am not really satisfied with the results so I want to upgrade my equipment. My budget is in the region of £1500.

My first instinct was to get something like a Panasonic GH5 and an adaptor to connect my existing Canon lenses. I already have a GPU that can support 4K video and I have a 4K monitor, so I think I'm good-to-go. I could possibly also get a kit lens with the GH5. But last night I thought that perhaps I would be better off sticking with my Canon 6D and spending the money on a better lens. I don't know what lens yet though.

So I was hoping that one of you guys could advise me on this matter?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 6D Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow