Large panorama print with Sony A7R III - tips? tricks? lens?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
6BQ5 New Member • Posts: 19
Large panorama print with Sony A7R III - tips? tricks? lens?

Every year I photograph the entire student body with faculty at my son’s school. I print a large panorama of this and it is in the main hallway by the cafeteria. It’s usually 64” wide and being close to 16:9 ratio the height comes close to 36”. I’ve done this shot with Pentax bodies before, starting with the K-3 and most recently K-1. The K-1 was a serious leap forward for me but this kind of print really seems to push the limits of the K-1.

On Monday I will receive a slightly used A7R III body. I’m very excited about the prospect of improved autofocus, increased speed/response, and ... increased resolution.

This year’s shoot will be on Oct 11 so I have plenty of time to practice shooting with the A7R III and learning it. I want to ask the more experience users here for some tips/tricks to help me learn the system. What pitfalls and obstacles could I face here, especially when printing big?

I also don’t have any lenses for this body and am thinking of renting for the event. What is the recommendation de jure for a 20 - 35mm lens with excellent corner sharpness? The FE mount is new to me. I will adapt my FA Limited lenses and work in full manual to learn the body.

In addition to shooting with a K-1 I also shoot action shots and sports with a Fuji X-T3 and I travel with an Olympus M10. I process my images in Capture One.

Thanks!

6BQ5's gear list:6BQ5's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Kodak DC265 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Pentax *ist D +41 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3 Leica M10 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow