Photo SW for sorting images zoomed-in for focusing evaluation?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EspE1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
Photo SW for sorting images zoomed-in for focusing evaluation?

I often work with long focal lengths in marginal light levels. I therefore often shoot several pictures of the same motive in the hope that one of them might hit the camera shaking in a fairly still moment. As a result I now have large numbers of JPEG+RAW where many should be deleted. So I need some software that can help me to, with little effort, separate the wheat from the chaff - to select the "keepers" and sort out and delete all the less sharp JPEG+ORF images.

More specifically I ned to review images where I can set the images to be presented for comparison with a certain zoom-in level for a selected frame in the image. I should be able to compare two at the same time, and then quickly delete both the ORFs and their companion JPEGS at the same time.

What software package can offer this functionality at the easiest?

It appears like Olympus Workspace can do much of this, but as I run my PC on Linux, I cannot use that software. What are the best alternatives? If there are even better possibilities for such workflow in another Windows based program, I would also like to know about that.

(Yes, I know that the my E-5 and OM-D 1 mk 1 to some extent offers such funcitionality, but I want to do this on a larger screen with better resolution.)

EspE1's gear list:EspE1's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +11 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow